Friday, July 20, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Today is the day our adventure begins. After spending a couple of days packing and weighing and repacking and reweighing, we are finally ready. We will spend the next two days in airplanes. Today we fly to Washington D.C. where we will hook up with most of our team and tomorrow we board an Ethiopian Airlines jet for a 13 1/2 hour direct flight to Addis Ababa, Ethiopa, followed by a short connection to Entebbe, Uganda. I'm excited, nervous, and a little sad to leave the rest of my family. I am usually the one dropping Cam off at the airport. Please remember to pray for him, Kate, and Jordan while we're gone. I am ready to see what great things God has planned for Liz and I over the next 13 days. I'm not sure how much Internet access we will have (they said we might not even have electricity everywhere--which reminds me I forgot to pack flashlights) so I don't know how often I will be able to blog when we're gone. But I will take lots of pictures to share when we get back.

1 comment:

  1. Am praying for a safe and growth filled time for you and each of your family members. Barb-you are safely in your fathers arms as are they!

    ReplyDelete