Monday, August 6, 2012

Church in Uganda

Sunday, March 29



Church in Africa is quite an experience.  It is long, loud, and full of movement.  The people seem very spirit-filled.  Although I think their Bible knowledge is much less than ours, their love for God and faith seems much greater.   How do we go home and learn from their example?  If Liz and I just leave with a greater understanding of life in Africa and do not change the way we live, this trip was a bust.  
Sunday School





It is the rainy season in Uganda, and even though the forecast said no rain when I checked before I left, we have had rain in the afternoon for the last four days.  Today I was in our room when it started.  It was torrential.  I'm not sure what the children do during these downpours, but I hope it stops before I have to leave here in a half hour.  We have had no power all day!  I'm ready to go home.




This evening the kids performed for us.  Each dormitory, there are six, sang a couple of songs (which of course included dance),  and the "big boys" did a skit.  It's hard to believe only one "mama" is in charge of each dorm.  But it was joyful to watch.




 Dinner was finally ready at 8:00 and I went to bed after.

No comments:

Post a Comment