Monday, August 6, 2012

Shopping in Jinja

Monday, July 30


Our last day here.  Everyone agrees the trip has been long, even Autumn who does this often.  Wish we were going home today, but I still want to be open to what God might have planned for us today.

Pastor Isaac shared his story with us today and showed us one of his gunshot wounds.  It was hard for him to share it (even though he wants to).  He broke down and cried.  He still has some survivor guilt.  But God saved him for something great.

We went shopping in Jinja today.  Liz had a great time.  She bought five paintings for her room along with gifts for her boyfriend Brad.  I found things for the rest of the family.  We had lunch again at the Source Cafe so we got Internet and got to talk to Cam.  All in all a fun day.








Spent time at Canaans with Ezra and Sarah.  Sarah was very moody and sad in the afternoon, but better after dinner.  It will be hard to leave. They both asked me if I was coming back.  I wish Africa was closer.



After dinner we had planned a glow stick party.  To me it was a glow stick disaster.   Even though we had over 400 glow sticks to share with 105 kids, they all fought and grabbed and lied and stole to get us many as they could.  It made me sad even though I understood how valuable such a small thing was to someone who has nothing.  I was going to go to bed, but Sarah asked for me so I came downstairs and spent some more time with her and Ezra playing cards with Liz, while her friend Ali tracked how many games Liz won.  Ali was on the list of people who needed sponsored, so we will sign up for that as soon as we get home.  We will also start sending support to some of the other groups we visited.

When I went to bed I was still able to get a warm shower--a true blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment